11.22.2005

Veg Heads Beware, It's Thanksgiving!

I still have that vision of the turkey flying across the kitchen floor right after my mom dropped it while removing it from the oven. Now, imagine if that was a tofurkey. Would it be nearly as memorable? For those of you who don't know what a tofurkey is it is tofu made into the likeness of a Thanksgiving turkey. You can find them at any wack job all natural, organic, vegetarian market.

Vegetarians have officially ruined Thanksgiving for me. Because right around November 1st I start hearing about the "Adopt-a-Turkey" organizations or the vegetarians chanting in front of the local supermarket about the senseless murder of all those birds. It makes me wonder - maybe eating meat is wrong. Maybe I should be a grass-chewing, animal-worshipping hippie veg head.

But then I think, no. Am I the only one who notices how sick veg heads look? Most veg heads seem to have this grayish-yellow tint to them. They never really look healthy. Is that what you get when you give up hamburgers and fried chicken?

However, the veg heads have inspired me to do better this year. I'm not going to eat turkey this Thanksgiving. After all, I want to do my part. Instead, I'm going to make a nice salad, maybe some yellow squash and, oh yeah, a big fat juicy...

HAM!

1 comment:

UltimateWriter said...

How bout some SPAM to go along with that?!
--
In your vast (wink wink)spare time, feel free to leave a comment on the UltimateWriter.com Blog @ http://ultimatewriter.blogspot.com

Chekkit out!