8.01.2005

Homeless People

I envy homeless people. As I celebrated my 29th birthday this past spring I realized that I have acquired a lot of "stuff." I wish all my "stuff" could fit conveniently in a supermarket shopping cart. Wouldn't that be nice? It would sure make moving a lot frickin' easier.

I'm also jealous of the fact that it is socially acceptable for a homeless person to wear the same thing everyday. Wouldn't that be a nice perk? I just bought these great Perry Ellis pants from Macy's and I'd love to wear them at least five days a week. But people would stare...and they'd talk. That is not fair.

In fact, if you really think about it, homeless people don't have it that bad at all. They pay no rent. They have no utility bills. No annoying cell phones. It's easy for them to diet. They get to travel. If you can just look past the no house thing you can see they really are livin' it up.

WARNING! INHUMANE COMMENT: When I see a homeless person with a cat or a dog, my first instinct is to feed the animal and find it a good home. I think the homeless try to use animals for sympathy but with me it backfires. I'd rather give the dog some dog food than give the drunk a means of buying whiskey.

No comments: